[Paraview] remote rendering with paraview

Jim Montine jmontine at sgi.com
Thu Feb 5 15:26:58 EST 2009

Hi,

Thanks for the information.  Two quick follow-up questions.

In case 1 below (where the server reads the file and executes filtering operations but does
no rendering), is it worthwhile to do an mpirun pvserver in this mode?  Will the server do parallel work
in this case?

In case 2 below (where the server optionally renders the polygons), why is it necessary to set the
DISPLAY to the gfx head of the server (things are displayed on the PC) Why is the DISPLAY environment
needed at all for this off-screen rendering case?

Does mpirun also have an effect in this case?

Thanks again.