[Paraview] Trying to plot signals to paraview

George Markomanolis paraview at markomanolis.com
Wed Feb 4 12:20:37 EST 2009

Dear Ken,

First of all thank you for your time. Unfortunately I don't want to save all
the data to the files. For example I must save (and load, plot) 8GB of full
image than 500mb If i "erase" useless points. I have no idea about the
duration to plot 8GB and 500mb at paraview but I believe it's big (general
the useless points are 85-95% of full image). I'll try of course to check it
but we've developed a technique to "erase" useless data and I believe that
it won't be accepted from the team except if it is fast with paraview. For
example with gnuplot in order to have good quality I save data to eps format
and after I convert it to jpg (plotting is done at the cluster and we
download only the jpg files) but the convert is very low, for example 500mb
may take 10-15 minutes to plot and save. I'll try to plot full image. For
unstructured grid I don't know how to declare topology, I believe I need
something like delaunay (triangulation) at matlab?

Thanks,
George Markomanolis