[Paraview] Paraview on a tiled display

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Tue Feb 3 11:46:08 EST 2009

OK, if I understand correctly, you have 6 nodes with 4 processors per node.  You want to launch a job with 4 processes per node (one per processor).  When you do that, the first 4 processes are assigned to one node, and all try to create their own tile on the same node because ParaView assumes that you have arranged the first 6 processes on the display nodes.

Each implementation of MPI has its own way of specifying how to assign the processes in your job.  You have not said, but it looks like you are using OpenMPI.  You might want to try the -bynode flag to mpirun.  This flag is supposed to interleave the process allocation amongst nodes.  Thus, 136 should get process 0, 6, 12, and 18; 134 should get processes 1, 7, 13, and 19; and so on.

-Ken