[Paraview] Paraview on a tiled display

Camilo Marin igetmyjunkmailhere at gmail.com
Tue Feb 3 10:04:03 EST 2009

Hi Moreland,

As i said when i tried running paraview on the tiled display with 6
procesors only everything worked right. I could see perfectly each model
loaded on Paraview on the Tiled Display, even glgears i tested and run
correctly on each screen. Now i corrected the Paraview's host file and it
looks like this.

192.168.51.136 slots=4
192.168.51.134 slots=4
192.168.51.132 slots=4
192.168.51.135 slots=4
192.168.51.133 slots=4
192.168.51.131 slots=4

Each of the six computers comforming the cluster has 4 slots available
meaning a total of 24 processors running in parallel. 192.168.51.136 is the
first screen, 192.168.51.134 the second and so on... When i run the command
with np 24 then the mapping on each screen is incorrect, as it 136 was no
longer associated with process 0 and so on. So at the end you see the model
but the correspondance between the tiles and process is incorrect. I don't
know if i am specifying wrong the arguments tdx and tdy as tdx=3 and tdy=2
and 3*2=6 which is different to 24...maybe there is something i am going
over which is causing the incorrect mapping.