[Paraview] particle animation

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Thu Dec 17 10:02:49 EST 2009

> I just realized that I still need to know the format of the csv file.  Can I
> use:
> x,y,z,d (where d is the diameter of the particle)?  How will paraview know
> which colum to use to scale particle size (ie, d)?

Yes, you can. You tell the Table to Points filter which columns to use
for x, y and z. Then you tell the glyph filter to use the remaining
column for scaling. Give it a try, you'll see.

> I will have 1000 time steps.  Does it mean that I have to load the csv files
> indivisually?  Is there a possibility of using vtu/pvd format (still need to
> know the vtu/pvd format though)?

ParaView can load a file series of csv files. If you  name them as
<name>0.csv, <name>1.csv, ...., ParaView will give you the option of
opening the whole series.

-berk