[Paraview] (no subject)

Adriano Gagliardi agagliardi at ara.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 09:55:57 EST 2009

Hi Berk,

Yeah, I have custom plugins and filters that are loaded automatically. I've
done some checking after the pointer from Sven, and it is definitely the
custom filters that are causing the issue. I tested filters that were
created with version 3.5.0 and 3.6.2-RC1 and both give these warnings if the
custom filters are loaded. What is strange is the warning itself doesn't
appear to relate to any built-in filter used in the custom filter. For
example:

Custom Filter A:

Use:
	-> EnSight Reader
	-> Transform
	-> Extract Block
	-> Extract Surface
	-> Compute Surface Normals
	-> Calculator
	-> Integrate Variables

Error in python shell:

>>> from paraview.simple import *
Warning: Clip is being overwritten. This may point to an issue in the
ParaView configuration files
paraview version 3.7.0, Date: 2009-10-03

Clip filter isn't used at all. As I said, I'm using the release candidate
build, but the error has been reported by Sven as being in existance since
early October this year.

Cheers,

Adriano

Adriano Gagliardi MEng PhD