[Paraview] time series

Didier Roissé didier.roisse at gmail.com
Wed Dec 16 07:04:02 EST 2009

Hello,
I write a plugin reader. And this reader reads data which is time dependent.
So in RequestInformation I set the different values for steps and the min
and max value of time like this :

for(int i=0;i<nbtimesteps;i++)

outInfo->Append(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_STEPS(),timeStep[i]);

timeRange[0]=time_min;
timeRange[1]=time_max;
outInfo->Set(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_RANGE(), timeRange, 2);

nbtimsteps is the number of steps.
and timeSteps[i] is the value of the time at the step i.

In RequestData I write the following line to see the value of
UPDATE_TIME_STEPS.
if(outInfo->Has(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::UPDATE_TIME_STEPS()))
      {
          double step =
outInfo->Get(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::UPDATE_TIME_STEPS())[0];
          int nSteps =

outInfo->Length(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_STEPS());
          double* steps =

outInfo->Get(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::TIME_STEPS());
          std::cout << "Step : "<<step<<endl;
          for(int i=0;i<nSteps;i++)
          {
            std::cout << "steps : "<<steps[i]<<endl;
          }
      }

 when I display
outInfo->Get(vtkStreamingDemandDrivenPipeline::UPDATE_TIME_STEPS())[0] for
the first time value,
I expected to have my first value of my timeStep, but I have 0.
And if I click on the next frame button in paraview, the next value is
0.1111111.

I don't understand what I am doing wrong.

Thanks,
Didier

PS : I use paraview 3.7