[Paraview] How to push a value to the ServerManager so it gets pushed down to the Server

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Fri Dec 11 16:23:54 EST 2009

In my ServerManager XML file I have the following:

     <IntVectorProperty
       name="ActiveDimension"
       command="SetActiveDimension"
       number_of_elements="1"
       default_values="0"
       information_only="1">
     </IntVectorProperty>

And in my Client GUI code (which extends pqLoadedFormObjectPanel) I
have the following code:
   vtkSMProperty* smProperty = this->proxy()-
 >GetProperty("ActiveDimension");
   if (NULL == smProperty)
   {
     DebugTrace(<< "SMProperty was NULL for 'ActiveDimension'" );
   }
   vtkSMIntVectorProperty* activeDimProperty =
vtkSMIntVectorProperty::SafeDownCast(smProperty);
   activeDimProperty->SetElement(0, index);

Doing a std::cout on the server side indicates that the Server side
property (ActiveDimension) is NOT getting set. What exactly am I doing
wrong?

  I would also like to have a QComboBox in the Gui that is hooked up
to a server side property. What is the best way to go about that?

Thanks
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net