[Paraview] cvs version of paraview not installing client

Carrie E. Spear (Cont, CISD/ARL) carrie.spear at arl.army.mil
Thu Dec 10 09:08:29 EST 2009

I am attempting to build and install the latest cvs version of paraview.

I have tried building it with both the cvs version of cmake and the
latest 2.8 release of cmake.

It builds everything, but it doesn't install the client. The following
gets installed in bin:
lproj  plugins  pvbatch  pvdataserver  pvpython  pvrenderserver
pvserver  smTestDriver

I would expect to see something like this:
assistant  lproj  paraview  plugins  pvbatch  pvdataserver  pvpython
pvrenderserver  pvserver  pvTestDriver  vtkSMExtractDocumentation

When building I am using the following flags:
  CMAKE_ARGS -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=${prefix}
             -C<BINARY_DIR>/${proj}-initial.cmake
             -DBUILD_DOCUMENTATION:BOOL=OFF
             -DBUILD_EXAMPLES:BOOL=OFF
             -DBUILD_SHARED_LIBS:BOOL=ON
             -DBUILD_TESTING:BOOL=ON
             -DBUILD_TILECOMP:BOOL=OFF
             -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE:STRING=Release
             "-DCMAKE_CXX_FLAGS:STRING=-fPIC -DGLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY"
             "-DCMAKE_C_FLAGS:STRING=-fPIC -DGLX_GLXEXT_LEGACY"
             -DCMAKE_USE_PTHREADS:BOOL=ON
             -DCMAKE_USE_RELATIVE_PATHS:BOOL=OFF
             -DHDF5_ENABLE_HSIZET:BOOL=ON
             -DHDF5_ENABLE_LINUX_LFS:BOOL=ON
             -DHDF5_STREAM_VFD:BOOL=ON
             -DOPENGL_INCLUDE_DIR:PATH=/usr/include
             -DOPENGL_gl_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib64/libGL.so
             -DOPENGL_glu_LIBRARY:FILEPATH=/usr/lib64/libGLU.so
             -DPARAVIEW_DATA_ROOT:PATH=${paraviewdata_dir}
             -DPARAVIEW_ENABLE_PYTHON:BOOL=ON
             -DPARAVIEW_USE_EXODUS:BOOL=OFF
             -DPARAVIEW_USE_MPI:BOOL=ON
             -DPARAVIEW_USE_SAF:BOOL=OFF
             -DPARAVIEW_USE_SYSTEM_HDF5:BOOL=OFF
             -DPV_USE_3POINTCUT:BOOL=ON
             -DPV_USE_SOUNDPROBE:BOOL=ON
             -DPYTHON_INCLUDE_PATH:PATH=${PYTHON_HOME}/include/python2.5

-DPYTHON_LIBRARY:STRING=${PYTHON_HOME}/lib/python2.5/config/libpython2.5.a
             -DQT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE:FILEPATH=${QT452_HOME}/bin/qmake
             -DVTK_OPENGL_HAS_OSMESA:BOOL=OFF
             -DVTK_USE_64BIT_IDS:BOOL=ON
             -DVTK_USE_DISPLAY:BOOL=ON
             -DVTK_USE_GLSL_SHADERS:BOOL=ON
             -DVTK_USE_INFOVIS:BOOL=ON
             -DVTK_USE_MANGLED_MESA:BOOL=OFF
             -DXDMF_HAS_NDGM:BOOL=OFF
             -Wno-dev

I use the same flags when installing paraview 3.6, and both the client
and server get installed.

Am I missing a flag or doing something wrong with the install?

Thanks,
Carrie

--
Carrie Spear