[Paraview] paraview 3.6.1 pvbatch -failed to create subproxy (cray)

Asimina Maniopoulou asimina at nag.co.uk
Mon Dec 7 07:02:14 EST 2009

Dear all.

Last year I had installed on a Cray machine Paraview 3.4.0 and both
pvbatch and the paraview server with the GUI were running successfully
as documented here
http://www.hector.ac.uk/support/documentation/userguide/hectoruser/Tools.html#SECTION000102100000000000000
Now I tried to install  version 3.6.1. When I submit  the script
Example 1 ( see the link above) I get the error
Traceback (most recent call last):

  File "comby.py", line 19, in <module>

    rep2.ColorArrayName="Density"

  File
"paraview-3.6.1/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 203, in __setattr__

    setter(self, value)

  File
"paraview-3.6.1/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 2325, in setProperty

    return self.SetPropertyWithName(propName, value)

  File
"paraview-3.6.1/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 252, in SetPropertyWithName

    prop.SetData(arg)

  File
"paraview-3.6.1/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 666, in SetData

    for a in self.Available:

  File
"paraview-3.6.1/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py",
line 522, in __getattr__

    return getattr(self.SMProperty, name)

AttributeError: Available

I realize that now the "simple" module is supposed to be used instead of
the servermanager one but when I  use the line
from paraview.simple import *
I  get  the error
Process id: 0 >> ERROR: In
distribs/Paraview-Packages/paraview/ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMProxyManager.cxx,
line 327

vtkSMProxyManager (0x000000000668a0d0): No proxy that matches:
group=views and proxy=BarChartView were found.

Process id: 0 >> ERROR: In
distribs/Paraview-Packages/paraview/ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMProxy.cxx,
line 2032

vtkSMComparativeViewProxy (0x0000000007307e20): Failed to create
subproxy: BarChartView

Process id: 0 >> ERROR: In
distribs/Paraview-Packages/paraview/ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMProxyManager.cxx,
line 327

vtkSMProxyManager (0x000000000668a0d0): No proxy that matches:
group=views and proxy=XYPlotView were found.

Process id: 0 >> ERROR: In
distribs/Paraview-Packages/paraview/ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMProxy.cxx,
line 2032

vtkSMComparativeViewProxy (0x0000000007411730): Failed to create
subproxy: XYPlotView

Could you please give me any advice on that?
Thanks,
Mina