[Paraview] holes in distributed polydata

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 02:18:39 EST 2009

its ugly but I get a lot better performance by splitting the work up
dynamically with a small grain size. in the run shown below there are
only 16 processes but there are a whole lot of process boundaries.

I was able to reproduce it on a second system today.

these holes are pretty non-deterministic in where they show up. moving
the camera they can show up in different places. Which makes sense if
this is related to some parallel rendering/finite precision issue with
all those process boundaries. The small size of the quads are also a
factor, because I didn't ever notice it before when using larger quads.

I saved the data as a legacy file and opening it on my desktop there are
no issues, so its definitely a parallel only issue. Also running through
D3 seems to fix it, but the issue may still be there because with the
minimal number of process boundaries its much less likely to get the
camera in just the right position.