[Paraview] holes in distributed polydata

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 10:55:07 EST 2009

I'm seeing lines where the background shows through a surface polydata
of quads. When I zoom into the region to investigate the holes are gone.
Moving the image around the holes appear in different places. They
depend on camera position. In this surface there are 2.5E6 quads. the
area is 10x16 units and the number of quads is 1250x2000. each quad has
0.008 units on a side. I hadn't seen the holes before going to this
higher resolution. It's likely that the hole is near a process boundary,
in my polydata filter each process adds his quads to his output
polydata, in this run the quads are distributed in strips of 512 as needed.

3 holes/lines in bottom half of the image (black background shows through):
http://nashi-submaster.ucsd.edu/movies/PV/bug.png

zoom in no holes/lines:
http://nashi-submaster.ucsd.edu/movies/PV/bug-zoom-2.png

process boundaries (from process id filter):
http://nashi-submaster.ucsd.edu/movies/PV/bug-procs.png

Should PV be able to handle a polydata distributed like this?