[Paraview] Fw:Re:Re: Paraview store all data in every server node?

weaponfire2005 weaponfire2005 at 163.com
Mon Aug 31 23:39:48 EDT 2009

---------- 转发邮件信息 ----------
发件人:"weaponfire2005 <weaponfire2005 at 163.com>"
发送日期:2009-08-31 19:05:42
收件人:"Andy Bauer" <andy.bauer at kitware.com>
主题: Re:Re: [Paraview] Paraview store all data in every server node?

Hi:
   I used vtkXdmfReader to read my data(ParaView version is 3.4.0), and I also found some information about my problem(XDMF bad memory use) from the mail list. But I didn't find a final resolution for it.
   My problem is, for example:
      run: mpirun -np 4 ./pvserver
    after reading data and rendering isosurface, each node(process) consume 2GB memory

  and run: mpirun -np 16 ./pvserver
    after reading data and rendering isosurface, each node(process) also consume 2GB memory
    For this problem, I could't visualize large-scale dataset. Because if a dataset could be visualized by one node, It also could  be visualized by 16 nodes, but if it could't be visualized by one node, it also could't by 16 nodes(or more).
    Maybe I should try ParaView 3.6.1. I will cry if the problem still exist in version 3.6.1......

在2009-08-30,"Andy Bauer" <andy.bauer at kitware.com> 写道:
The problem may be the reader that you're using.  Some of the readers in VTK are not parallel so even if you run multiple processes each process will still try to load the entire dataset in that case.

Andy