[Paraview] Paraview store all data in every server node?

weaponfire2005 weaponfire2005 at 163.com
Sun Aug 30 05:55:26 EDT 2009

Hi all:
  First thanks for Dave.Demarle's help.
  I use "mpirun -np 4 ./pvserver" to launch a server with four nodes, visualizing a 800*800*300 grid. It seems that each process consume too much memory. So I extend the number of nodes from 4 to 8 using "mpirun -np 8 ./pvserver" , but each process on 8 nodes server consume the same memory as 4 nodes server. The situation of 16 processes(16 nodes) is same as above.
   I thought that with the number of processes' growth, each process on server would share less raw data, so the quantity of memory each process consuming would decline. It proved that I was wrong. Could someone tell me the reason?
 Thanks for your help:)
 Pan Wang