[Paraview] Paraview 3.6.1 - Writer plugin development (OSX)

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Sat Aug 29 06:38:28 EDT 2009

No.

To write plugins, you need the source code. You also need the intermediate
compilation files. To get those you need to build from source. When you
compile a plugin you point it at the resulting binary and it figures out
where the corresponding source is.

Finally, to use your plugin with binary paraview releases, the library
versions must match exactly (ABI compatibility). For that you need to build
your paraview with exactly the compiler and library versions listed on the
paraview binary build documentation for that platform.
 David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer
28 Corporate Drive