[Paraview] About on-line available binaries for next release

burlen burlen.loring at gmail.com
Fri Aug 28 16:27:42 EDT 2009

Hi Sven,

I think the binary releases could include the development files as there
is a build option for this, I don't know if that's currently being done
with the releases though.

your link errors may be because the released binary is built with
VTK_USE_64BIT_IDS set OFF. While your local compile is built with it set
ON. Try setting it to OFF. You can probably verify this with something
like:
nm -C /my/path/libvtkFiltering.so | grep vtkUnstructuredGrid::InsertNextCell
if your version demangles to long and the binary version demangles to
int then this is your issue.

Burlen