[Paraview] Elevation representation of .CSV data

David Giménez Mosquera flatuchenco at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 10:43:01 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I'm a recent user of Paraview, and I'm using Paraview to represent a mesh by
means of the x, y, z coordinates contained in a CSV archive created using
Scilab. As shown in the enclosed image I could make the representation of
the mesh and, using the elevation filter, I could obtain a graphic
representation of the z coordinate values. However I had to set the scalar
range manually in order to obtain the correct range in the legend that can
be observed in the upper part of the image (as this range is set by default
as a range from 0 to 1). Also I have to set manually the lower and higher
point z coordinate (in the elevation widget) as its values is always set out
of the real range.

Could anybody tell me if there is a way to modify these values automatically
or recommend me better way to do this?

Thanks in advance,

David