[Paraview] Building ParaView with MPICH2 (Windows)

Noboru Wakabayashi mustachemonkey at gmail.com
Sat Aug 22 20:40:43 EDT 2009

Hi,

I have a problem to build ParaView under multi-core environment.
I think some settings in CMake are not correct, but maybe somethings else.

Compiling is finished correctly, it seems. I can start pvserver and
can connect from ParaView client.
I tested "Headsq" sample and images coming from multiple processes
cannot be merged correctly (screenshot is attached).
(The server and the client are running on the same machine)
(I set the parameters for "headsq" according tio the book "ParaView
Guide" P172-179)

Two VTK processes (pvserver.exe) are running because I specify below
to start pvserver:
mpiexec -localonly 2 C:\pvserver.exe
(Then, connecting from ParaView client on the same machine)

Does anybody have an idea or experience to fix this?

[OS]
Windows 2008 Server (32bit)

[CPU]
Opteron Quad-Core

[MPICH2]
1.0.8p1-win-ia32

[Qt]
2009.02.1 (Build from source files)

[CMake]
2.6

I'll list my settings in CMAKE below:
-----
PARAVIEW_USE_MPI    on
MPI_LIBRARY   lib\mpi.lib
MPI_INCLUDE_PATH   include

VTK_MPIRUN_EXE   mpiexec.exe
MPI_COMPILER   "NOTFOUND"
-----
Procs are specified "2".

I changed settings regarding  some times, but the result were the same.

[IDE]
Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition

Any help or idea is welcome.

Nob Wakabayashi