[Paraview] vtkDataObjectAlgorithm with multiple inputs

Jeff Baumes jeff.baumes at kitware.com
Tue Aug 25 10:09:13 EDT 2009

On Tue, Aug 25, 2009 at 8:43 AM, Paul Edwards <paul.m.edwards at gmail.com>wrote:

> Is there a reason why Delete is called before GetExtentType?  Or is this a
> bug? (although it doesn't crash on me....)

SetPipelineInformation will cause the information object to increment the
reference count of the data object. Thus calling Delete will safely
decrement the reference count without yet releasing the memory (this matches
the reference created by NewInstance()). This is necessary or else a
reference will be floating and the object will never be deleted.
Jeff