[Paraview] distributed stream tracer scalability issue

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Tue Aug 25 09:46:16 EDT 2009

There was a paper at Super Computing last year (or maybe the year before)
about improved partitioning for stream tracing that would probably help
alot. Think of making a filter like D3 which moves data around to
repartition, such that the partitions take into account the principle flow
directions. That way particles stay resident much more often. The upfront
cost might be high to do the repartition, but afterwards stream tracing
would be faster.

David E DeMarle
Kitware, Inc.
R&D Engineer