[Paraview] Qt problem on Mac OS X

Michael Wild themiwi at gmail.com
Mon Aug 24 05:30:21 EDT 2009

Hi all

With current ParaView-CVS and Qt 4.5 on Mac OS X I get the problem,
that when I try to start the fixed-up ParaView bundle, the /Developer/
Applications/Qt/plugins/imageformats/libqgif.dylib plugin is loaded.
Bad thing is, that one refers to QtGui.framework/Versions/4/QtGui and
QtCore.framework/Versions/4/QtCore, which then get loaded from /
Library/Frameworks, resulting in ugly error messages and eventually
the application crashes.

So far I tried to delete ~/.config/ParaView, adding /Developer/
Applications/Qt/plugins/imageformat to ParaView 3.7.0.app/Contents/
Libraries as is done for sqdlrivers, but still the plugin gets loaded
from the system.

Is this a bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Michael