[Paraview] cvs error compiling, linux, "glob"

Ricardo Reis rreis at aero.ist.utl.pt
Thu Aug 20 16:42:59 EDT 2009

On Thu, 20 Aug 2009, Karl Battams wrote:

> I had the same thing a week-or-so ago.  For me it was because I'd installed
> Qt through 'synaptic' (on Ubuntu) and it wasn't a supported version.  So I
> compiled/installed the latest Qt from source and the GLOB error went away.
> So check your Qt.  Also, I think cmake leaves a log file that sometimes
> sheds light on errors.  That's perhaps worth checking.

It's possible but I would like to add this:

  - before the cvs version compiled ok (let's say one month ago)

  - after my recent co (I always do a full check out) it complained, before
the GLOB error, that my QT version was 4.4 and now it wanted 4.5

  - i've updated (I'm using debian), the 4.5 is gone, but the GLOB still
exists.

  so, something changed in between, the error is located in this bit of
code:

IF(NOT Q_WS_MAC)
   FOREACH(qtlib ${QTLIBLIST})
     IF (NOT WIN32)
       #INSTALL(FILES ${QT_${qtlib}_LIBRARY_RELEASE} DESTINATION ${PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR})
       GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT(QT_LIB_DIR_tmp ${QT_${qtlib}_LIBRARY_RELEASE} PATH)
       GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT(QT_LIB_NAME_tmp ${QT_${qtlib}_LIBRARY_RELEASE} NAME)
       FILE(GLOB QT_LIB_LIST RELATIVE ${QT_LIB_DIR_tmp} "${QT_${qtlib}_LIBRARY_RELEASE}*")
       INSTALL(CODE "
MESSAGE(STATUS \"Installing \${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR}/${QT_LIB_NAME_tmp}\")
EXECUTE_PROCESS (WORKING_DIRECTORY ${QT_LIB_DIR_tmp}
                  COMMAND tar c ${QT_LIB_LIST}
                  COMMAND tar -xC \${CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX}/${PV_INSTALL_LIB_DIR})
         " COMPONENT Runtime)
     ELSE (NOT WIN32)
       GET_FILENAME_COMPONENT(QT_DLL_PATH_tmp ${QT_QMAKE_EXECUTABLE} PATH)
       INSTALL(FILES ${QT_DLL_PATH_tmp}/${qtlib}4.dll DESTINATION ${PV_INSTALL_BIN_DIR} COMPONENT Runtime)
     ENDIF (NOT WIN32)
   ENDFOREACH(qtlib)

  so, if someone would explain what this line of code does

       FILE(GLOB QT_LIB_LIST RELATIVE ${QT_LIB_DIR_tmp} "${QT_${qtlib}_LIBRARY_RELEASE}*")

  maybe I could trace the problem to the debian package?

  many thanks,

  Ricardo Reis

  'Non Serviam'

  PhD candidate @ Lasef
  Computational Fluid Dynamics, High Performance Computing, Turbulence
  http://www.lasef.ist.utl.pt

  Cultural Instigator @ Rádio Zero
  http://www.radiozero.pt

  Keep them Flying! Ajude/help a Aero Fénix!

  http://www.aeronauta.com/aero.fenix

  http://www.flickr.com/photos/rreis/