[Paraview] load plugin in pvpython/pvbatch (CVS)

Yumin Yuan yumin.yuan at kitware.com
Wed Aug 19 10:05:25 EDT 2009

Hi Jean,

Thanks for the report. I recently changed the "LoadPlugin" API as part
of the improvements for ParaView's plugin framework. Apparently, the
comments were not updated properly. Also there were some conflicts in
the new APIs I added. I just committed some fix and update the
comments. Could you update and give it another try. Sorry for the
inconvenience.

Yumin

On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 5:59 AM, Jean M. Favre<jfavre at cscs.ch> wrote:

> I've got plugins working fine with paraview, but I cannot load them with
> pvpython (pv3.7 CVS). Loading them without globals() gives no errors,
> but they ain't visible. Loading them with globals() gives this error:

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>  File "<stdin>", line 1, in <module>
>  File
> "/local/apps/ParaView3Build/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/simple.py",
> line 530, in LoadPlugin
>    servermanager.LoadPlugin(filename, remote)
>  File
> "/local/apps/ParaView3Build/Utilities/VTKPythonWrapping/paraview/servermanager.py",
> line 2083, in LoadPlugin
>    plinfo = plm.LoadPlugin(filename, connection.ID, serverURI, remote)
> TypeError: function takes exactly 1 argument (4 given)
>

> looking at the source code of simple.py, it seems like globals() is
> required, but should not be the second argument, but the third argument.
>  is this a copy-and-paste error from LoadXML()?
>
> def LoadPlugin(filename, remote=True, ns=None):
>    """Loads a ParaView plugin and updates this module with new
> constructors if any. If you loaded the simple module with from
> paraview.simple import *, make sure to pass globals() as the second
> arguments: LoadPlugin("myplugin", globals()) Otherwise, the new
> functions will not appear in the global namespace."""
>
> thanks for any tip
>
> Jean

Yumin Yuan
R&D Engineer