[Paraview] gui trash

Dominik Szczerba dominik at itis.ethz.ch
Tue Aug 18 11:43:13 EDT 2009

Hi,
The problem is application-wide: whatever I enter in the widgets, e.g.,
numbers in filter properties (e.g. extractVOI, but REALLY not only
there) very often (but not always!) I get trash, like really some random
colors, usually confined to a few small boxes around edited areas. It
looks a little like kind of trash you get from a buggy video driver, but
I never get this with my own QT/VTK applications.
This is a little annoying as it sometimes makes the edited values
completely unreadable.
I am sitting on Ubuntu 9.04 with an integrated video card (Thinkpad
x60). I have not seen the problem on the same system but with an Nvidia
card. But then again why don't I have this problem with my own QT
applications/VTK? The only difference is I am using self compiled
VTK-5.4.0, maybe the problem is here.
best regards,
Dominik