[Paraview] make error when building ParaView 3.6

Karl Battams karlbattams at gmail.com
Tue Aug 18 08:10:39 EDT 2009

Thanks!  I tried that but it didn't make the error go away.

However... I did manage to get past the error eventually.  I (re)configured
mpich with CFLAGS="-fPIC" and reinstalled it.  Paraview was then able to
compile.  What's confusing is that I did this once before and it didn't fix
it, but now it does.  So I must've done something slightly different this
time around, but I have no idea what.  Weird...

So, on to the next bug (I'm hijacking my own thread here)...  When I try to
run the paraview app, I get the following message:
"paraview: symbol lookup error:
/usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.5.0/lib/libQtWebKit.so.4: undefined symbol:
_ZN24QXmlStreamEntityResolver13resolveEntityERK7QStringS2_"

Any ideas?  I ran ldd on my paraview binary and didn't see any obvious
file/path conflicts.

Thanks for the help.
~~Karl