[Paraview] FW: paraview3.6.1/OSMesa rendering issue (John Patchett)

Tobias Froebel tfroebel at gmx.de
Fri Aug 14 09:27:50 EDT 2009

Hello Lucy,

just for your information. I'm encountering similar problems when using
paraview3.5 version compiled with OSMesa-support in pvpython mode.
Executing pvpython scripts fails if I try to save the pipeline result to
a .png od .jpeg file.

That's why I compiled a non-OSMesa version of paraview3.5 which I use in
parallel pvpython mode. I'm not sure what caused this behaviour of the
paraview version compiled with OSMesa support. Maybe the problem is
caused by a from environment setting running in script mode. If I use
the mentioned OSMesa paraview version in parallel GUI mode (client +
server) everything runs fine, even saving screen-shots to .png or .jpeg
file.

Maybe somebody knows a solution.

Regards Tobias

--
Dipl.-Ing. Tobias Froebel / CFD

Lehrstuhl fuer Flugantriebe / Fakultaet Maschinenwesen
TECHNISCHE UNIVERSITAET MUENCHEN
Boltzmannstrasse 15/Geb. 6
85747 Garching / Germany
Tel +49.89.289.16178