[Paraview] Running Paraview on a 32 CPU machine

pat marion pat.marion at kitware.com
Thu Aug 13 19:13:33 EDT 2009

Hi,

The paraview gui only uses one CPU.  To use all 32 CPUs you have to
connect to a paraview server, and compile with mpi enabled.  Here is a
link to the wiki that details the server setup:

  http://paraview.org/Wiki/ParaView#Server_Setup

What kind of work are you going to use paraview for?  Keep in mind
that some tasks will actually be slower when using 32 CPUs.

Pat