[Paraview] FW: paraview3.6.1/OSMesa rendering issue

Lucy Gagliardi lgagliardi at BrawnGP.com
Thu Aug 13 03:43:20 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've recently installed Paraview3.6.1 with OSMesa 7.4.4 on a linux based
workstation (64bit). However, when running python scripts to set up and
output jpg (or png) files using pvbatch with the
--use-offscreen-rendering flag, the scripts run perfectly with no error,
however the output picture is garbled. I've tried a fresh install of
both Paraview and OSMesa to double check my configuration and the
compilation runs through fine with no errors. I'm trying to use the
OSMesa libraries installed in a shared location across a network instead
of on my local machine - could this be the source of the problem? The
python scripts only use Paraview as serial (i.e no parallel server) and
output the pictures fine if the --use-offscreen-rendering flag is not
used (and the OpenGL visualisation window opens).

Any help with this would be great as I'm pretty stumped.

Cheers,

Lucy

Lucy Gagliardi
CFD Engineer

T + 44 (0)1280 846880

www.BrawnGP.com <http://www.brawngp.com/>

Brawn GP Limited.  Registered in England No. 787446.
Registered Office at Brawn GP Formula One Team, Brackley, Northants NN13 7BD.