[Paraview] parallel run filter operate on plane source

Bam Ting bampingting at gmail.com
Fri Aug 7 14:22:29 EDT 2009

Have some issue with a filter that operate on plane source when run with
more than a single process. Plane source on imput seem to be duplicated
identical on all processes (no problem), then my filter run and make a
shallow copy of the source and pass to output (problem start!). In the
spreadsheet view I see more points than I should in the output, + I add
point data I see more point data as well, I explore with spreadsheet view
show that unexpected point data all duplicate of expected.

My question, how paraview handle source duplicated on all process? How
paraview can know that the data is duplicate for plane source? How does it
render such duplicate data? I seek to add some point data to plane source
and provide on the output. What I need to do in the filter to avoid the
issue?