[Paraview] MultiblockDataSet Global IDs

Andy Bauer andy.bauer at kitware.com
Thu Aug 6 11:09:15 EDT 2009

What do  you mean by points in common?  Do you mean that they come from the
same vtkPoints or that they just share the same coordinate values (to within
tolerance at least)?

If you mean that they share the same coordinate values you can use the
vtkIncrementalOctreePointLocator to avoid duplicates.

If you mean that they come from the same vtkPointSet how about iterating
through the blocks and if the block is not a vtkPointSet then create their
global ids.  If the block is derived from vtkPointSet, then get the
vtkPoints.  If  you've already gone through this set of points then skip it
(you can store the pointer in a set to mark it as being examine), otherwise
go through and create your global ids for each point in vtkPoints and add
vtkPoints to the set. Of course this assumes that you do a shallow
copy/reference counting on the vtkPoints so that the pointer to multiple
copies of them are the same.