[Paraview] Custom Filters MENU

Eric E. Monson emonson at cs.duke.edu
Thu Apr 30 15:12:25 EDT 2009

Hey again,

Thanks Utkarsh -- with your description I was able to figure out how
to put a custom filter in some servermanager xml to load it through a
plugin. I was also able to combine this with some GUI xml which adds a
new menu item and puts the custom filter there, plus a custom icon for
the menu (by using CMake and building against ParaView).

In reading through the Plugin HowTo, though, it seems to imply that
both the icon and the GUI xml can be combined into a binary .bqrc file
(using Qt's rcc) so that I could do all of this without having to
build against ParaView (and just load servermanager xml and bqrc
through the Plugin Manager).

I can load the servermanager xml and use the filter, but I can't seem
to get the menu item and/or icon to show up when I load the bqrc file
-- is there a special way to build the qrc and GUI xml together with
rcc to make this work?

Thanks a lot,
-Eric