[Paraview] Collecting slices in a contour plot

Daniele Avitabile d.avitabile at gmail.com
Sun Apr 26 04:37:13 EDT 2009

Hi all, I have a field u(x,y,t), stored in a set of .vtk files (one for each
time steps). What I need to do is the following,

1) At each time steps, cut a slice, say through y=0, so as to have a set of
curves
    u(x,0,t1)
    u(x,0,t2)
    u(x,0,t3) ...

2) build a contour plot of the surface formed by stacking the above lines on
top of each other

Is there a filter for that or do I have to write a python script? If I have
to use python, can you give me an idea of how to do that?

Thanks

Daniele