[Paraview] Line Source and 3D widgets

Utkarsh Ayachit utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com
Wed Apr 22 12:27:07 EDT 2009

* The LineSource in  "extended_sources" is a high-resolution line
source, used for filters such as StreamTracer. It's same as the
LineSource in "extended_sources" except for the default value for the
"Resolution".

* The PropertyGroup specified in the <Hints /> section is what tells
the GUI to create the interaction widget for this source to control
certain properties. There are a predefined set of values that can be
used for type which identifies each  type of widget provided by
ParaView such as LineSource/ImplicitPlane etc. Each type comes with a
predefined set of functions such as
"Point1WorldPosition"/'Point2WorldPosition" which are basically
properties on the widget. Now the <Property /> elements in the
PropertyGroup tell the GUI how these widget properties are to be
mapped to the filter/source properties. In case of the LineSource, we
are mapping the "Point1" property on the LineSource to the
"Point1WorldPosition" on the widget and so on.

Utkarsh