[Paraview] About on-line available binaries for next release

Berk Geveci berk.geveci at kitware.com
Wed Apr 22 07:21:49 EDT 2009

We will not use VS2008 express, I am afraid. We want to be consistent
in our use of compilers and VS2008 express does not support 64 bit.
However, we are going to add support for 3rd party plugins - we will
setup a way of building these plugins with our binaries and distribute
them separately as 3rd party plugins. Of course, we will need the
source code for those plugins to do that. I am not sure that this will
be available by 3.6 but definitely by 3.8.

-berk