[Paraview] Animating a large file

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 21:10:47 EDT 2009

On Sat, Apr 18, 2009 at 7:00 PM, Berk Geveci <berk.geveci at kitware.com>wrote:

> I think that the outline should render very quickly and is probably the
> best
> way of setting the animation. Is it not doing that? It may be a bug then.
>
> -berk

Can anyone else confirm or deny this? It goes slightly faster than if I
don't have it on outline, but certainly not like what I would expect. If you
make a camera animation with a sphere source, for example, it is real time
(you click "next frame" and it shows the next frame instantaneously). In
outline mode I would expect the same, but it takes many seconds.

Here is a large data set if you dont have one :) (
http://engineeringnotes.net/Upload/empacan1.vtp)

Thanks,

David