[Paraview] blank screen,

Battalgazi YILDIRIM yildirimga at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 08:37:14 EDT 2009

Hi,

I tried to write  png file (view.WriteImage("image.png", "vtkPNGWriter",1)
), and I got following error

Warning: In
/home/yildirim/projects/ParaView3/Servers/ServerManager/vtkSMRenderViewProxy.cxx,
line 1110
vtkSMIceTDesktopRenderViewProxy (0x2630390): Disabling offscreen rendering
since empty image was detected.

and image is blank too (visualized with gimp)

Thanks,

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:17 PM, Utkarsh Ayachit <
utkarsh.ayachit at kitware.com> wrote:

> Is the render window popping up behind some other window?
> Try capturing an image using:
> view.WriteImage("C:/temp/image.png", "vtkPNGWriter", 1)
> Is that blank too?
>
> Utkarsh
>
> On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Battalgazi YILDIRIM
> <yildirimga at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have been reading Paraview Scripting with Python document.
> > I have installed  paraview from ubuntu repository. Everything was
> > working ok for following script (I could see a cone on the pop-up window
> as
> > in
> > Paraview Scripting with Python manual).
> >
> > I decided to download the source code and build it from scratch. It was
> ok
> > Paraview was working correctly, but now this script works but I got
> > blank pop-up windows and don't see the cone any more.
> >

> > do yo have any idea what might have been gone wrong?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >

> > from paraview import servermanager
> > import time
> > import os
> >
> > connection=servermanager.Connect('localhost')
> > coneSource = servermanager.sources.ConeSource()
> > coneSource.Resolution = 32
> > coneSource.Center[0:3]=[1,2,3]
> >
> > shrinkFilter = servermanager.filters.ShrinkFilter(Input=coneSource)
> >
> > shrinkFilter.UpdatePipeline()
> > shrinkFilter.UpdatePipelineInformation()
> >
> > view = servermanager.CreateRenderView()
> > rep = servermanager.CreateRepresentation(shrinkFilter, view)
> > view.StillRender()
> > view.ResetCamera()
> > view.StillRender()
> > time.sleep(4)