[Paraview] How to add file extensions into the Open File Dialog

shenyanwen shenyanwen at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 01:54:36 EDT 2009

Hello, everyone!
I have written a reader plugin for my oew data format, and I just built
it.Now I want to add the extension in the Files of type in the Open File
dialog.
I have written my GUI xml and SERVER xml and my CMakeLIsts.txt file like
below:

FIND_PACKAGE(ParaView REQUIRED)
INCLUDE(${PARAVIEW_USE_FILE})

#define the server-side portion of the reader plugin
ADD_PARAVIEW_PLUGIN(SgnReaderPlugin "1.0"
  SERVER_MANAGER_XML SgnReaderSM.xml
  SERVER_MANAGER_SOURCES vtkSgnReader.cxx
  GUI_RESOURCE_FILES SgnReaderGUI.xml)

My GUI.xml like this:

<ParaViewReaders>
  <Reader name="SgnReader"
    extensions="sgn"
    file_description="My Sgn Files">
  </Reader>
</ParaViewReaders>

and My SERVER xml like this:

  <ProxyGroup name="sources">
    <SourceProxy name="SgnReader"
                 class="vtkSgnReader">
      <StringVectorProperty
        name="FileName"
        command="SetFileName"
        number_of_elements="1">
        <FileListDomain name="files"/>
      </StringVectorProperty>
    </SourceProxy>
  </ProxyGroup>

But, after I load the plugin. It does NOT show the extension in the files of
type. I just want to know what's wrong with my files?
Thank you so much!

-Seven

shenyanwen at gmail.com
Mobile Phone:13476177952