[Paraview] Problem using reader directly in vtk

Nathanael Inkson Nathanael.Inkson at digitalflowsolutions.com
Tue Sep 23 06:17:34 EDT 2008

Dear People,

  I am trying to open a file directly from vtk using the vtkFLUENTReader
class.

However I get a runtime error. Can anyone advise me what the problem is?

The code and error is below:

  vtkFLUENTReader* reader = vtkFLUENTReader::New();

  vtkMultiBlockDataSet* mb = vtkMultiBlockDataSet::New();

  char* cfname = "/fatty/Nat/testmeshes/nats-cube-all.cas";

  reader->SetFileName(cfname);

  reader->Update();

  mb->DeepCopy(reader->GetOutput());

ERROR: In /couchlocal/inkson/code/nvtk/VTK/Filtering/vtkExecutive.cxx,
line 403

vtkCompositeDataPipeline (0x1200020): Attempt to get data for output
port index 11133 for algorithm vtkFLUENTReader(0x11feb10), which has 1
output ports.

Best Regards

Dr. Nathanael Inkson,

Computational Fluid Dynamics Developer,