[Paraview] SafeDownCast to vtkDoubleArray fails

Natalie Happenhofer nataliehapp at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 21 11:31:45 EDT 2008

Hi!
I need to cast my Point Data to a vtkDoubleArray, but it fails:

vtkPointData *scaldat = input -> GetPointData();
vtkDoubleArray *scalars = vtkDoubleArray::New();
scalars = vtkDoubleArray::SafeDownCast(scaldat);
if(!scalars) vtkErrorMacro("SafeDownCast to vtkDoubleArray failed");

and everytime I run the program I get that vtkErrorMacro.
as far as I know from the input files, the PointData should be float, but casting to vtkFloatArray fails as well. Why? and what can I do about it?

thx a lot,
NH