[Paraview] Getting original node's id's

David E DeMarle dave.demarle at kitware.com
Mon Sep 15 11:01:27 EDT 2008

In your filter, you can add an array in which each point is given its
own unique index and mark it as the Active GlobalId array.
vtkDataSetAttributes::SetGlobalIds(the new array).

Paraview is careful about preserving this array and at extracting
cells/points based on it's contents. So at any point downstream (after
the threshold for example) you can look at its contents to figure out
exactly where each cell/point originally came from.