[Paraview] Mesa tests failing

Kevin H. Hobbs hobbsk at ohiou.edu
Sun Sep 14 09:23:11 EDT 2008

( Berk, sorry for the dupe' 4096x2048 makes for a big PNG that was too big for
the list )

I am continuing a thread from July since I have new information.

http://www.paraview.org/pipermail/paraview/2008-July/008707.html

The original problem was that the mesa builds of VTK and ParaView on
murron.hobbs-hancock can not save the output of render windows to files
correctly.

In messing around with one of my VTK programs that saves a render window to a
PNG file I was able to create correct output.

When I tell the vtkWindowToImageFilter to SetInputBufferTypeToRGB the output
is incorrect but whel i tell it to SetInputBufferTypeToRGBA the output is
what I expect.

The source, RGB, and RGBA images are posted at:

http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/OSMIPVolumeRender.cxx
http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/out_rgb.png
http://crab-lab.zool.ohiou.edu/kevin/out_rgba.png