[Paraview] Adding Keyframes with no recognition of zooming

Patrick Shane Calhoun psc28 at cornell.edu
Thu Sep 11 13:57:25 EDT 2008

Hello,

I am currently running Paraview 3.2.1 on Redhat Linux version 5.2 and I
have run into a possible bug while I zoom in and out and add keyframes to
make a video.

Using the animation inspector with my selected object as the Camera,
whenever I zoom in or out and try to add a keyframe, the numbers
associated with the position of my current keyframe will not change.

For example, if I start up close to a set of data and continually move out
and add several keyframes along the way, the camera will stay at the last
position that I left it at and not start close and span back as the movie
progresses.

However, if I were to rotate the camera rather than strictly zoom in or
out, the keyframes that I save will work in a video if I were to play if
from the beginning. Zooming out while rotating will yield a result where
the keyframes only remember the rotating part of the camera's motion and
therefore the keyframes still do not register that the camera isn't at a
fixed distance from the origin.

I'm not sure if there is an option that controls what I have described
above or if this is genuinely a bug. Let me know what I can do about this
problem.

Thanks for the help,
Patrick Calhoun