[Paraview] Paraview 3 and web portals....

Pete Carswell pete at osc.edu
Wed Sep 3 15:21:22 EDT 2008

I would like to clarify how we would like to use paraview in this fashion, in the hope that it might generate some response. Currently, there is a CFD course that is taught online. Parameters to a particular problem are entered in a web page and submitted for a run on our HPC cluster. Images of the solution are generated and supplied to the student through the web interface. The batch script runs a processed script generated from Paraview 2.6. We currently also have Paraview 3 installed on the cluster.

We would like to have more flexibility in processing the images after the solution is submitted, i.e. switching the modes of the data, vector or scalar data, and panning and zooming on the images, and, subsequently, handled by the students in the web application.

I hope this describes our intentions better. Would appreciate any feedback.

pete

>>> Pete Carswell 8/29/2008 10:20 AM >>>
We currently have Paraview 3 running on one of our clusters. We would like to entertain any strategies which would allow our users to access Paraview through a web portal. Any suggestions?

pete