[Paraview] Writing binary VTK

Ivo Roghair ivoroghair at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 04:22:01 EDT 2008

Hi,

About one year ago, I got some C code from the VisIt site from LLNL,
which allows you to write legacy (.vtk) files using quite easy-to-use
wrapper functions. It writes both in ascii and binary and checks for
correct endian. I googled for the filenames just now and found them
here: http://www-vis.lbl.gov/Vignettes/SNAZ/visit_writer_float/

I cannot write binary data to newer XML files since I understood that it
has to be in base64 encoding and I wanted to export my data without
using external libraries such as vtk. If there is an option to write
binary xml files, I'd like to hear about it.

Regards,
Ivo