[Paraview] Writing binary VTK

Moreland, Kenneth kmorel at sandia.gov
Thu Oct 30 18:44:32 EDT 2008

You have the basic idea for binary legacy VTK files.  I think the one caveat
is that the data needs to be written in big-endian format.  (Someone correct
me if I got that wrong.)

I'm not sure what you mean by the column vs. sequential style.  I think the
data parts in ASCII data treat all whitespace the same, so you should be
able to order the data in as many columns as you like.

-Ken

On 10/30/08 1:53 PM, "Lester Anderson" <lester_anderson1963 at hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello all
>
> I have got a really big dataset that I want to have in a binary format. I have
> the header information all sorted now, but want to know how to convert the
> data part to binary. From what I understand the binary VYK structure is
> basically the same as ascii except the data part is binary.
>
> On a second point, with an ascii VTK how can I change the data from a huge
> long column of data to the more sequential style shown in examples?
>
> I work on a PC
>
> thanks
>
> Lester
>

> For the best free wallpapers from MSN  Click here!
> <http://wallpapers.msn.com/?ocid=[B001MSN42A0716B]>

   ****      Kenneth Moreland
    ***      Sandia National Laboratories
*** *** ***  email: kmorel at sandia.gov