[Paraview] Update Slice Filter / Python Equivalent of "Apply"

David Fuentes fuentesdt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 18:23:37 EDT 2008

What is the python script equivalent of the "Apply" button for the
"slice" filter?

I have an image file .mha to which I applied the slice filter.
I can change the normal direction of the slice from a python script.

  pm        = servermanager.ProxyManager()
  mha_slice = pm.GetProxy("sources","mha_slice")
  view1     = pm.GetProxy("views","RenderViewer1")
  widget    = pm.GetProxy("3d_widgets_prototypes","ImplicitPlaneWidgetRepresentation1")
  widget.Normal =  [ 1 , 0 , 0]
  view1.StillRender()

The normal plane is updated, but I can't get the
slice filter to cut the data and display the
approriate slice plane. I'm guessing the "apply" button
updates the Pipeline ?  so i tried

   UpdatePipeline()
   UpdatePipelineInformation()
   Update()
   UpdateRequired()
   UpdateSelfAndAllInputs()
   UpdateVTKObjects()

but I cannot get the same behavior as the "apply" button

?

thanks,
df