[Paraview] reducing load time?

Michael Jackson mike.jackson at bluequartz.net
Wed Oct 15 16:55:02 EDT 2008

Use Binary for a file that large. When you use XML you have the
following overhead:

XML Parser.
Decompress the data
Decode the Base 64 into something readable

If you save it as a binary file you have the following overhead.

Read the data directly into a memory location.
Possibly byte swap the values (big endian to little endian)..

Use binary. Way faster.
Mike Jackson                  mike.jackson at bluequartz.net