[Paraview] beginner: paraview python scripting, camera orientation

Tomislav Maric tomislav.maric at fsb.hr
Sun Nov 30 12:51:18 EST 2008

Hello,

    I've noticed that if I make an active camera object

view = servermanager.CreateRenderView()

camera = view.GetActiveCamera(),

there is a method camera.GetOrientation(), and even
camera.GetOrientationWXYZ, but no SetOrientation(), or
SetOrientationWXYZ(), or even camera.Orientation proxy Class attribute.
My question is: if I'm viewing result data from simulating a physical
process, is there a way to set the camera angles via its orientation
regarding the coordinate axes? The physical process is important,
because I can take direction of the gravity, or other vector (initial
velociy) from some outside file and use it to set camera orientation. Is
there a way to do this and still have all the data displayed within the
RenderingView(Window)?

Thank You,

Tomislav