[Paraview] import of camera path

Christoph Held ch.held at gmx.de
Thu Nov 27 03:16:48 EST 2008

Hi there,

I'm trying to animate some large PLY-meshes in Paraview. In principle it
works, but the animation tools provided are a bit difficult to use in this
case.
I'm looking for a solution to setup a camera-path in a 3D-modelling
environment and using it in Paraview. VRML seems to be able to store
camera positions per keyframe, but Paraview doesn't import that
information. Also, my scripting knowledge is not sufficient to write a
script to import the camera positions at a specific keyframe from a list.
Are there any other formats, which work better? Or has anybody got some
tips, how to script something like that?

Any help is being much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
-Chris