[Paraview] Bug in Color Scale

Shi Jin jinzishuai at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 24 22:24:42 EST 2008

Hi there,

I just upgraded my paraview from 3.10 to 3.40. Immediately I found that the same data was not colored correctly with the new version. It turned out that in the Display Tab, Rescale to Data Range button actually does nothing. If I clicked on Edit Color Map.., I found that the maximum of data range is always 1 (minimum always 0), no matter what the real range is. I can of course uncheck Automatically Rescale to Fit Data Range, and set the range using Rescale Range button by hand. However, I think this is not what it is supposed to be.  I tried both the Linux-64bit binary found online and my own build on an ubuntu box and they have the same problem.  Please let me know if it is indeed a bug or just something I didn't get right. Thanks a lot.

Thanks a lot.
Shi